ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management
Protect your business, revenue and reputation from disruption.
We live in volatile times. Your organisation needs to be prepared for the worst, whether that’s floods, fires, cyber attacks or terrorism. The ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) gives you the tools to keep going when disaster strikes. It will also help you put in place best practice procedures for reducing the threat of disruption from activities inside your business.
Why should I apply for ISO 22301 certification?
The internationally recognised ISO 22301 standard helps you understand and prioritise threats to your organisation. Its BCMS specifies the steps you need to take to reduce the threat of disruption, protect your assets if something does go wrong, and recover quickly from any incidents.
Here are some benefits of implementing ISO 22301
- Minimising disruption: by following the international best practice strategy of ’Plan, Do, ISO 22301 helps you minimise disruption and maintain your services
- Flexibility and responsiveness: by improving your crisis management techniques, ISO helps you deal quickly with any disruption, local or international, and rapidly restore services
- Accountability: by helping you define acceptable timescales for resuming business activities, the BCMS ensures your stakeholders know what level of service to expect following any disruption
- Competitive advantage: by strengthening management across your organisation, internationally recognised BCMS will increase client confidence in your services
- Continuous improvement: by submitting your Business Continuity Management System to regular audits and risk assessments, you’ll ensure it remains effective
- Regulatory compliance: by demonstrating that you comply with risk management laws regulations, you’ll increase the confidence of employees, customers and other stakeholders
- Save money: in some cases ISO 22301 can reduce internal and external BCMS audit costs, as well as insurance premiums, this could help your business improve its financial performance
- Optimise customer services: by strengthening management controls, you will be able maintain agreed levels of critical services and products to customers even if you face disruption
- Stronger management: by increasing management involvement and identifying internal external risks, the ISO 22301 framework ensures the effectiveness of your BCMS
- Brand reputation: by demonstrating your commitment to maintaining excellent service even in times of disruption, ISO 22301 certification can enhance your reputation with customers.
ISO 22301 Certification Process
Certification couldn’t be simpler, thanks to our four stage process.
The first stage is the completion of an ISO compliant manual, which can be done by one of our experienced consultants, or by yourself using our templates.
Stage two is implementation. In this step, your new manual will need to be brought into use at your organisation. Our dedicated consultant will be at hand to advise you on the best ways to do this.
Stage three is certification. To achieve your ISO certification, 3rd party certification company must visit your organisation and ensure that the processes documented in your manual are being followed correctly.
The final stage is surveillance. Your manual and processes must be checked each year to ensure your certification remains valid.
The 4 Stages of ISO Certification
Using our ‘keep it simple’ approach to ISO, we have simplified the certification process into four easy to understand stages.
For advice or an instant quotation, please call us on +965 25712190